The 4th International Conference on Automatic Differentiation
July 19–23, 2004
University of Chicago Gleacher Center
450 N Cityfront Plaza Dr
Chicago, IL, USA
The Fourth International Conference on Automatic Differentiation was held July 20–23 in downtown Chicago (map and directions [PDF]). It was preceded by a short course on automatic differentiation on July 19. Submissions were requested in all areas of automatic differentiation theory, tools, and applications. Reports on novel applications of automatic differentiation and on the interface between automatic differentiation and other areas of computer science and mathematics are especially welcome.
- Short Course On Automatic Differentiation, Monday, July 19
- Conference Presentations, Tuesday, July 19 – Friday, July 23, AM
- Tool Developers' Workshop, Friday, July 23, PM
While the blocks at the hotels below have expired, you can still get the same rates (depending on availability) by specifying that you are attending a University of Chicago meeting when you make your reservation.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Talbott Hotel. The conference rate of $139/nt is available by calling the hotel at 1-800-TALBOTT or +1-312-944-4970 and asking for the 'AD2004' rate. Please note that the Talbott is a (very pleasant) 15 minute walk (or $5 taxi ride) from the Gleacher Center. Cut off date for reservations: July 2.
A second block is available at the Sheraton Chicago, 301 East North Water St., (phone: 1-800-233-4100 or 312-329-6320). The rate is $139.00/nt. Name for room block: AD 2004/University of Chicago. Cut off date for reservations: July 2.
A third block is available at the Best Western, 162 East Ohio St. at North Michigan Ave., (phone: 312-787-3100). The rate is $99.00/nt. Name of room block: AD 2004. Cut off date for reservations: July 2.
A map showing the location of the Gleacher Center and nearby hotels is available below. You may need to scroll up to find the Talbott.
450 N Cityfront Plaza Dr
Chicago, IL 60611-5500
Preregistration deadline: Friday, July 2, 2004
IMPORTANT DATES / DEADLINES
Deadline for Extended Abstracts (2–4 pages)
Friday, April 09, 2004
Notification of Acceptance
Monday, May 17, 2004
Hotel Reservation Deadline
Thursday, June 17 (Talbott, Sheraton) or Wednesday, June 23 (Best Western), 2004
Friday, June 25, 2004
Full Papers for Post-conference Special Collection
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
THINGS TO DO ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
Refer to the "Leisure Guide" put together by Jean Utke.
Pictures taken at the conference are available at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~utke/AD2004_photos/.
Submission instructions for accepted papers are now available.
- Third International Conference on Automatic Differentiation, Nice, France, 2000.
- Second International Workshop on Computational Differentiation, Santa Fe, NM, USA, 1996.
- First SIAM Workshop on Automatic Differentiation of Algorithms, Breckenridge, CO, USA, 1991.
- Martin Bücker (RWTH Aachen U.)
- George Corliss (Marquette)
- Paul Hovland (Argonne)
- Uwe Naumann (Argonne)
- Boyana Norris (Argonne)
- Martin Berz (Michigan State)
- Christian Bischof (RWTH Aachen U.)
- Bruce Christianson (U. Hertfordshire)
- Mike Fagan (Rice)
- Shaun Forth (Cranfield U., Shrivenham)
- David Gay (Sandia)
- Ralf Giering (FastOpt)
- Andreas Griewank (Humboldt U., Berlin)
- Laurent Hascoët (INRIA)
- Chris Hill (MIT)
- Wolfram Klein (Siemens)
- Koichi Kubota (Chuo U.)
- Andrea Walther (TU Dresden)