Announcement and Call for Posters
- 7th International Conference on
Monday 12th -
Thursday 15th September 2016
AD2016 will be organised by, and held at, Christ Church, Oxford, UK under
the direction of an international program committee. This 4-yearly conference
is unique in being targeted at: users of algorithmic differentiation (AD) from
all application areas (eg, optimization, inverse problems, uncertainty
quantification); AD algorithm researchers; AD tool developers. As well as our 6
confirmed invited speakers:
we are pleased to announce that 48 authors have been accepted to give oral
We thank SIAM and SIAM-UKIE for financial support.
Call for Posters
Poster Presentations at AD2016 must be:
- Recent - the work should be novel or published/submitted elsewhere within
the last 12 months.
- Relevant - the work must contribute to the field of algorithmic
differentiation in terms of the
Authors of accepted posters are eligible to submit a full paper describing
their work for post-conference publication to a special edition of Optimization
Methods and Software to be edited by Andreas Griewank.
- theory of the differentiation of algorithms including: generalization
to nonsmooth functions and infinite dimensional operators; interplay
and relations with continuous adjoints, discretization schemes,
interval inclusions and numerical linear algebra.
- implementation of AD tools: source transformation; overloading; novel
programming languages; novel architectures (eg, GPUs); high-level or
application dependent algorithm specifications.
- applications of AD techniques: novel applications; improvements in
existing application areas; case studies showing limitations of present
generation AD tools.
If you are in doubt as to whether your work is relevant please contact one
of the Conference Chairs.
Acceptance for poster presentation is by submission of a 1 to 2 page
abstract in 10pt font on a4 paper as a pdf document at your earliest
convenience. Please refer to the conference website www.autodiff.org/ad16 for detailed instructions. The
abstracts will be reviewed by one or more of our Conference Chairs to ensure
relevance to AD2016.
- 5 November 2015 - First Announcement and call for extended abstracts
- 1 February 2016 - Second Announcement and opening of abstract
31 March 2016 Monday 11th April
2016 - Deadline for submission of 4 page extended abstracts
- 13 June 2016 - Notification of Acceptance of oral presentations
- 12-15 Sept 2016 - Conference
- 30 December 2016 - submission of papers to Optimization Methods and
- June 2017 - target date for publication of special edition of
Optimization Methods and Software
Please refer to the conference website http://www.autodiff.org/ad16/ or direct enquiries to
Jens-Dominik Mueller firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated by Shaun Forth on